Investigate possibilities of MHT2020 after cancelation international competition


During these past months we have been confronted with a serious threat to our health: the coronavirus. All developments and measurements to restrict the spread of Covid 19 have, and continue, to affect each and everyone of us in one way or another.

In April, we cancelled our national competitions as well as adjusting the format of the international competitions to meet all conditions and regulations of the Dutch government. Unfortunately, we still have had to take the sad decision to cancel the international competitions, which were planned from 18 till 21 June. This decision was made after the press conference of the Dutch government when it became clear that there would be no official sporting events in until September.

We truly regret that we have had to take this decision and we realize it is disappointing for all those involved but our health and controlling the spread of the coronavirus is absolute priority.

At this moment, we are investigating if there are possibilities to adjust the format so we can still organize the Maarsbergen Horse Trials at a certain moment within this 2020 season. When there is any new information available, we will share this via our official communication channels.


Kind regards,


Willemina van der Goes-Petter & Maurits van der Goes