The carriage house was built when the Godin de Beaufort family bought Maarsbergen in 1882. In the winters, the family lived in the city, Utrecht, and in the summer they lived in Maarsbergen. Every spring they came to Maarsbergen by carriage. The family had a small ecurie, ‘stable’. A hunting wagon, a carriage for Mr., one carriage for Mrs., a shopping wagon and a two-person carriage with which Jan Willem Godin de Beaufort went to work in Amersfoort.